Podcasts serve as an excellent way to promote health and wellness to the public. Although the popularity of podcasts is not particularly high, they still have the potential to be an effective medium for advocating. The HSC 230 group, The Yangcredibles, have put together a podcast to discuss and answer questions on topics such as wearable technology, health games, health apps, medical technology, and the internet. The following questions were addressed and deliberated during the podcast:
- Do you believe that wearable technology is truly beneficial as we become the “quantified self?
- What do you perceive as beneficial from using technology to promote physical technology? Do you believe it will increase in popularity?
- What is your opinion/personal experience about mobile health apps? Or diet apps in particular?
- Do you find it easier or better to schedule appointments online or in person? What are your thoughts on the increasing use of technology in the field of health?
- Do you think the internet is making us stupid?